Cranberry sauce with port wine and dried figs! Amazing!
1) 1 2/3 cups ruby Port
2) 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3) 1/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
4) 8 dried black Mission figs, stemmed, chopped
5) 1 6-inch-long sprig fresh rosemary
6) 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
7) 1 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
8) 3/4 cup sugar
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Discard rosemary.
2. Mix in cranberries and 3/4 cup sugar. Cook over medium heat until liquid is slightly reduced and berries burst, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Cool. Transfer sauce to bowl; chill until cold. (Cranberry sauce can be prepared 1 week ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.)